- Raltitrexed belongs to the group of cancer-fighting medicines known as antineoplastics, and specifically to the group of antineoplastics known as antimetabolites.
- Raltitrexed fights cancer by preventing the growth of cancer cells, which eventually results in their destruction.
- Raltitrexed is used to treat (related to the intestines and rectum) cancer (cancer of the colon and rectum).
- Raltitrexed is from a gathering of medications known as antimetabolites.
- Antimetabolites stop cells making and repairing DNA. Malignancy(Cancer)cells need to make and fix DNA so they can develop and frame more cells.
- Signs of infection,
- Severe skin reaction,
- Signs of a severe skin reaction include peeling or blistering of the skin,
- Changes to taste,
- Muscle cramps.
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects and others may occur. Please contact your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms are found.